Silicone rubber compounding is a synthetic rubber manufactured by continually adding silica, silicone oil, and other additives to raw silicone rubber in a two-roller refining machine or a closed kneading machine.
Silicone rubber compounding is used for deep processing of machineries such as moulding and extrusion in the aerospace, cable, electronics, electrical appliances, chemical, instrumentation, cement, automotive, construction, food processing, medical equipment, and other industries.
Silicone rubber compounding: it can be mixed without plasticizing, which is typically done in an open refiner with a roller temperature of no more than 50℃. Raw silicone rubber is added to the package before the roller, and materials to contain powder after the roller, so it should be operated on both sides.
Compounding silicone rubber is divided into two sections.
1. Raw rubber – reinforcing agent – structure control agent – heat resistant additive – thin pass – under piece
2. Refining – vulcanizing agent – thin pass – putting silicone rubber miscellaneous parts.
1. Moulding: The rubber is cut into a specific shape and filled into the mould cavity, after which the mould is placed between the upper and lower plates of the heated plate vulcanising machine and heated and pressurised according to the prescribed process to vulcanise the rubber, after which the mould is removed to obtain a section of vulcanised silicon rubber products.
2. Transfer molding: The prepared rubber material is put into the upper section of the mold in the plug cylinder, heated and plasticized, and then moulded into the heated mould cavity by the plunger pressure.
3. Silicone rubber compounding injection moulding: The rubber is heated and plasticized in the barrel before being injected straight into the closed cavity through the nozzle, which is then heated to accomplish quick in-situ vulcanisation.
4. Extrusion moulding: A continuous moulding method in which compounded rubber is pushed to be extruded into a certain cross-sectional shape using a mouth mould.
When moulding silicon rubber products, silicon rubber product companies should choose an appropriate moulding process based on the product and the manner of operation.
If it is a large quantity and light weight of silicone rubber products, you can choose transfer molding instead of blind selection, which not only causes low production efficiency, but also causes losses to the factory.
SHANDONG DEHAIYOULI NEW ENERGY CO.,LTD specializes in industrial drive belts and silicone products. Our highlights include polyester belts, nylon flat belts, tangential belts, roll cover tapes, silicone new materials, silicone sheets, silicone mats, special drive belts, new photovoltaic modules, solar panels, and distributed photovoltaic power generation equipment systems, as well as customization. If you have any need, please feel free to consult us.